A Tribe Called Quest may be right: Bo may not be able to rap. But from Pac Div to Kid Cudi and now to this dude Shane Eli, he still seems to be a favorite subject for those who can.
Here’s a NSFW look at Eli’s inspiration behind his latest song “Bo Jackson,” which includes a “Dirty South” rendering of the “Bo Knows” sample from A Tribe Called Quest’s “Scenario“:
As for songs about Bo Jackson — and actually named “Bo Jackson” — I’ll still take Randy Campbell’s “Mr. Bo Jackson,” but the kid shows promise. Can’t wait to post a video of a rapper explaining his song “Cam Newton” in 20 years.
* Bo had better commercials: an interview with Michael Weinreb
* Bo and Me
* De La Soul’s DJ Maseo says he’d lend talent to pregame if ‘conducive’
* Bo Jackson in “Pro Stars”
* Bear Bryant’s lost year at Auburn
* Bo asks you to turn your back on crack
* Bo tells Deion to put up or shut up on “Arsenio”
Leave a Reply