Toomer’s Drugs won’t be the only place today where lemonade will be enjoyed with special meaning.
Reagan Branch, an 8-year-old Alabama fan from Northport, which is just outside Tuscaloosa, opened a lemonade stand this morning outside a Taco Caso restaurant on McFarland Blvd in Northport to raise money to help save the damaged trees.
“The idea is about 48 hours old,” said Patrick Branch, Reagan’s father. “Reagan saw the story on Toomer’s Corner and the trees that have been affected and it just tore her up, she’s got such a sensitive heart. She wanted to do something about it, and we said, well, come up with an idea and we’ll do it. So within an hour and a half we had a lemonade stand ready to go and Taco Casa has been gracious enough to let us come out here.”
The lemonade at the “Tuscaloosa Lemon-AID Sale” is .50 a cup “but no one is paying that,” Branch said. “They’re just throwing cash in the bucket.”
“I know idea how much money we’ll actually raise, but were just trying to get the word out that Alabama fans don’t hate Auburn fans by any stretch,” he said. “We’re just trying to help our neighbor in need by doing whatever we can.”
The lemonade opened at 10:30 a.m. and will close at 1 p.m. The event is being attended by several “local celebrities,” including Northport mayor Bobby Herndon.
UPDATE: The lemonade stand raised $1,250, “but people are still coming by donating at Taco Casa,” Branch said.
* VIDEO: Auburn cellist performs “War Eagle” and alma mater at Toomer’s Corner
* TWER interviews Stephen Enloe, the Emotional Agronomist
* Bama police keep vigil over Bear Bryant statue
* Barrett Trotter knows when to hold’em
* Bear Bryant’s lost year at Auburn
* Classic punxploitation flick features broadcast of Auburn game
* Auburn students stand in for Joaquin Phoenix, stars of Space Camp (1985)
* The G.I. Joe from Auburn
* Videographer behind AU hype videos wasn’t initially sold on “All I Do is Win”
* Two campy degrees of separation between Auburn and Swamp Thing
* I Survived the Kopper Kettle Explosion and all I got was this t-shirt
Her parents raised her right!!
Justin Lee says
I’ve actually eaten at the Taco Casa in Northport. Their tacos taste like dry Play Doh. Absolutely awful.
But this is a great story, though.
And a child shall lead them….
Oscar Whiskey says
So this was all a dastardly plot to steal our lemonade?! The bastards! Is there no end to your fiendish ways, bammers!
The tacos aren’t that great, but the taco burgers are one of the only things I miss about Tuscaloosa. Extra hot.
Glad this kid hasn’t tasted the KoolAid yet. And it’s nice to see people donating. Good kid, good story.
Good for her! War Eagle Regan, the Auburn Family really appreciates your help.