Student leaders of bother Auburn University and the University of Alabama held a joint press conference Wednesday afternoon in front of Samford Hall to announce what is being hailed as a joint venture of “mutual respect.”
In response to last week’s news that an Alabama fan poisoned the two iconic oaks at Toomer’s Corner in downtown Auburn after the Iron Bowl, student governments from both universities will plant two “sister trees” on each campus “as a symbol of the shared bond between the two schools.”
As TWER was late to the press conference — we took “press conference on Toomer’s Corner” to literally mean “on Toomer’s Corner” — we caught up with University of Alabama SGA President James Fowler afterward to get a better feel for what exactly was happening and why… and if he feared a retaliation.
Full video of the press conference is available here.
* Did Auburn student’s roll Toomer’s Corner after Bear Bryant died?
* TWER interviews Stephen Enloe, the Emotional Agronomist
* Bama police keep vigil over Bear Bryant statue
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth
* Fear and Loathing in Tuscaloosa
* Jimmy Buffett Sang: Let’s Get Drunk and Screw (Up My 1st Year at Auburn)
* Former Auburn cheerleader stars in ‘Best Worst Movie’
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Mates of State’s Jason Hammel talks football
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959