If we may get our Stefon on, this Department of the Interior film on the creation of Auburn’s Chewacla State Park has it all: advice from Horace Greeley, dismantled mills, reenactments of the Gay 90s, “charming young farmer-ettes,” the hardest exposed rock in the United States, waterfalls, beautiful bridle trails, sunbathing 1930s coeds, and look over there — is it Mick Jagger? No! It’s a self-Pavloviating dog in a pill box hat riding a velocipede and answering a telephone that possibly belongs to the Father of Auburn Football (it’s not his house but that professor looks an awful lot like George Petrie).
Watch it again and again, and be proud.
Thanks to Brian Brown for the tip!
* Auburn fans light up Portland bridge in orange and blue
* Hero of Flight 29 leads “War Eagle” in Scottsdale riding mechanical bull
* Erin Andrews at Toomer’s Corner
* Was Walt Disney an Auburn fan?
* AU fan possibly contributed to Courtney Love’s teenage delinquency
* Player on 1972 ‘Amazin’s’ squad battling Lou Gehrig’s Disease
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Model Molly Sims spotted at the Iron Bowl in an Auburn jersey