They wrangle him back to the bus post-haste, but The Blessed Individual (unlike Nick Fairley) can do what The Blessed Individual wants to do. If he wants Todd Van Emst’s camera, he takes it. If he wants to run with it into a crowd of un-scanned fans and take a picture of himself, say cheese.
UPDATE: We’re actually hearing reports that Newton had to be re-scanned after his Kodak Moment cavorting (and from the video, it kind of looks that way). Of course, this guy was in charge of security, so yeah… convenient excuse.
* Auburn vs. Oregon for the flag football national championship
* Erin Andrews at Toomer’s Corner
* In the time of “Got 13″ she was a Tiger
* Was Walt Disney an Auburn fan?
* Behind the scenes of the NYC AU Club’s Heisman Tiger Walk
* Auburn coed is internet icon
* The Secret History of an Underground Iron Bowl
* Auburn alumna in Philippines will watch BCSCG in style
* Young Bartley meets David Housel for breakfast
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Under Armour congratulates Cam Newton with full-page ad
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Harry Connick Jr. — Auburn Man?
I found Clint Howard.
The photo credit is wrong. That’s a Cam Van Newton photo. Lovely composition, too.
Also, Cam Newton is The Beatles, apparently.
Did anyone tracking the team’s flight notice that the plane looks as if it detoured over Auburn on the way? I would love to know if that was on purpose.
That is an incredible photo to be taken on the fly….
Jay G. says
The fly-by of Auburn was definitely on purpose; take a look at the other (normal commercial) ATL-PHX flights and you won’t find another one matching that flight plan.
Susan I. says
This was the most AUsome day of my life. I’m the girl in the orange visor that is actually cheek to cheek w/ Super Cam himself.
Susan I. says
How can I send in a couple pictures that I took from the send off?
Hi Susan — you can send them to [email protected]
That’d be great, thanks!