Behold! The best and funniest Auburn-related video of 2011.
At first we thought it was all on the up-and-up. An alumnus abroad teaching his Korean class “Warrrrr Eagle, Hey!” and showing excitement for Auburn football is on Internet par with cats wearing hats or “ouch, my balls!” We’ve all seen that before. It even has b-roll of the Auburn alum walking and talking to the reporter outside the school.
But then during the first interview with Chris Lowe, a 1998 Auburn grad, the white board gives it away: “Please adopt me Coach Chizik.”
So yes… Lowe teaches Auburn 101 to Bo, Cam, Newton, Cadillac (“Cadillac, How’s it rollin’?” — “Like a first round draft pick.”) , Jackson, Campbell, Aubie and Shug at the Center for Auburn Studies in South Korea. So far, the class has learned Auburn is undefeated, has 117 national championships and will beat Oregon in the national championship by the scores 72-17 (“It’s going to be close.”), 117-3 or 0-0, because, as “Campbell” told the class, Oregon sees Auburn before the game. . . and forfeits.
“I tried to teach the students not to predict Auburn winning by more than 100,” Lowe said. “It’s just not Christian-like.”
Watch until the end. The last 15 seconds might be the best part. Bravo, Chris Lowe and Lauren Bercarich, bravo.
UPDATE: Check out the deleted scenes.
* Erin Andrews at Toomer’s Corner
* In the time of “Got 13″ she was a Tiger
* Was Walt Disney an Auburn fan?
* Behind the scenes of the NYC AU Club’s Heisman Tiger Walk
* Auburn coed is internet icon
* The Secret History of an Underground Iron Bowl
* Auburn alumna in Philippines will watch BCSCG in style
* Young Bartley meets David Housel for breakfast
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Under Armour congratulates Cam Newton with full-page ad
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Harry Connick Jr. — Auburn Man?
Follow us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
If you’d like to help TWER keep the lights on and the obsession with Auburn lore unhealthy through the winter, click here.
Kelly Dean Jolley says
Chris Lowe, another former AU philosophy major.
yeah, that’s pretty hilarious…nicely done!!
Is this real? Chris also seems very…festive.
Funniest thing I’ve seen all year…….. that’s right….ALL year!
Send to ESPN….FUNNY!!!
Brainwashed, much? How I hope this is fake.
Expect a rise in applications to Auburn from South Korea in about 6-8 years.
Tracy Wright says
Aaahhhh. Why didn’t I think of that when I was teaching in S. Korea?