Auburn-native Robert Gibbs, who recently announced he was stepping down as White House press secretary, says he will make arrangements with the Secret Service to roll the White House if Auburn wins the national championship.
And judging by what Gibbs said in an interview to air tonight on The Tony Barnhart Show, President Obama might be OK with it:
“We talk about [Gibbs’ passion for Auburn football] every week. We did during the season.
I traveled during the season. During the LSU game, we were on the road. A bunch of people were in suits and I was wearing the Auburn shirt that I’ve worn for every game that I’ve watched this year.
He (Obama) gets how big a deal this is for me. He enjoys and loves college football …
I’ve watched some of their games in my office. I’ve got a pretty decent size TV in there thankfully. Sometimes it’s hard. One week we were on the road and I had to talk to the advance people about making sure that we had some TVs and could watch some games if we needed to.”
Gibbs recently stumped for Auburn on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, taunting host Joe Scarborough, an Alabama fan, with an Auburn t-shirt.
* Auburn alumna tops TheHill.com’s “50 Most Beautiful People” list
* Young Bartley meets David Housel for breakfast
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Under Armour congratulates Cam Newton with full-page ad
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Harry Connick Jr. — Auburn Man?