Looks like outgoing White House press secretary Robert Gibbs wasn’t joking when he said last week that President Obama “get’s how a big a deal [Auburn football] is to me”; nearly a minute of Obama’s 2:22 call to Gene Chizik to congratulate him on winning the national championship appears to have been spent discussing Gibbs’ connection with Auburn.
But Obama was pulling for the good guys, too – at least according to Gibbs, at least according to Auburn alumna (and flag footballer) Caroline Wren, who discussed the game with Gibbs on their shared flight to Phoenix to see the game.
It looks like a possible trip to The White House is in the works for the Tigers. Maybe Gibbs is saving making good on his promise to roll the White House till then. By the way, any Auburn fans wanting to get on the action should try to stop by: “I also asked if I could toilet paper the White House with him if we win and he said yes!” Wren tweeted from the plane.
* ‘Cammy Koozie’s’ fund family’s trip to Glendale
* An interview with Auburn YouTube sensation Chris Lowe
* Former Auburn football kills elephant with just a bow and arrow
* TWER interviews Paul Finebaum about Bo Jackson’s Heisman campaign
* Crowd shots from the 1973 Auburn-Florida game
* The Secret History of an Underground Iron Bowl
* Auburn alumna in Philippines will watch BCSCG in style
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs