Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Oregon, is about to eat a little crow by wearing a little tie.
The wager was made after Wyden, wearing a green and gold striped tie, engaged in some trash during a during a Senate Budget Committee the Friday before the BCS National Championship Game.
“I do want to note for the record that I don’t believe the Auburn Tigers have a realistic chance of keeping up with the University of Oregon’s fast-moving, innovative offense in the championship game,” Wyden said.
Sessions, who attended law school at the University of Alabama, responded, “Well, if you’re correct in that, I’ll be pleased to wear that tie you have on for a few days, perhaps.”
“We have an agreement,” Wyden said. “And I will reciprocate.”
Judging by the color scheme he chose for the photograph featured on his official senate web page, Wyden might actually enjoy making good on the bet, which Fox News host Greta Van Susteren dedicated a post to on her website.
* Auburn alumna tops TheHill.com’s “50 Most Beautiful People” list
* Young Bartley meets David Housel for breakfast
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Under Armour congratulates Cam Newton with full-page ad
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Harry Connick Jr. — Auburn Man?