But the new sum total of Auburn’s stiff arm legacy wasted little time inspiring local entrepreneurs looking to build a brand around the Tigers’ recent gridiron success.
3 Heismen Sports Cantina will soon open on N. College Street downtown in the space adjacent to Cheeburger Cheeburger that formerly housed ill-fated Greek restaurant-sports bar hybrid Calypso. Owners are steering the restaurant, which will have a muted Heisman Trophy theme, for a Super Bowl Sunday opening. They’re also considering changing the restaurant’s name to simply Heisman’s so as to not excite the grammatical fascism that breeds in sports bars (but insist “Heismen” to be the correct pluralization for the gimmick they’re going for).
Three cheers for the first idea.
Photo by Kenny Smith.
* Auburn shirt in Cannonball Run
* The University of Alabama White Bears?
* Frank Sinatra Bo Jackson has a cold
* Toomer’s Corner after Punt, Bama, Punt
* Jimmy Buffett Sang: Let’s Get Drunk and Screw (Up My 1st Year at Auburn)
* Former Auburn cheerleader stars in ‘Best Worst Movie’
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Two campy degrees of separation ‘twixt Auburn and Swamp Thing