Someone is apparently jealous that Cam Newton took his Heisman Trophy to another show. Not that Letterman’s material was any funnier – that Top 10 had only a couple decent chuckles – but at least it wasn’t so…. played. Leno’s writers had to resort to the chicken-cross-the-road of pay-for-play humor, which had been sitting stale in Bama message boards since October. Until last night:
Our own late night, barrel scrapings comeback? “…at least he wouldn’t be benched for a gangly Irishman.”
Facial. Props to the two Auburn fans in the crowd. War Damn Coco.
* Auburn players spend New Year’s Eve at Dreamland with at-risk youth
* Ronald Reagan was an Auburn fan
* Who’s the kid with the Auburn shirt in “Return of Swamp Thing”?
* Mates of State’s Jason Hammel talks football
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
* G.I. Joe’s Auburn’s connection
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan and Terry Beasley at the ’71 Heisman dinner