Hear ye, hear ye — the great state of Alabama has officially declared today, January 8, 2011, “Cameron Newton Day.” A proclamation praising Newton’s talents and contributions to the Heart of Dixie was issued yesterday by Gov. Bob Riley.
While the second “Mark Ingram Day” (Jan. 6 — it wasn’t even the best day on in it’s own week) passed without fanfare (save, of course, the news that Ingram will declare for the NFL Draft), the first Cam Newton Day is sure to be one Hail Mary of a holiday, and a special time of reflection that’s too blessed to be stressed.
How do you plan to celebrate the Blessed Individual – with Cam balloon animals (Caminals)? special signs? Glendale group hugs? rewriting lyrics to Paul Simon and Neil Diamond songs? candle lightings? tree rollings? pumpkin carvings? Heisman-pose contests? parties with Camburgers and Cammy Cam Juice and Cammy Cake for desert? Scooter parades?
Share your memories with TWER! Send stories, photos, and videos to [email protected]der.com.
Yes We Cam party down. But please keep it legal… keep it safe.
Whereas, War Eagle.
* Auburn fans light up Portland bridge in orange and blue
* The Secret History of Pat Dye Field
* Erin Andrews at Toomer’s Corner
* In the time of “Got 13″ she was a Tiger
* Was Walt Disney an Auburn fan?
* AU fan possibly contributed to Courtney Love’s teenage delinquency
* Player on 1972 ‘Amazin’s’ squad battling Lou Gehrig’s Disease
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Model Molly Sims spotted at the Iron Bowl in an Auburn jersey