If you’ve ever wanted to watch a bikini-clad Auburn cheerleader fighting for cash — and her life — in the jungle, then ready your TiVos: former head Auburn cheerleader Krista Klumpp (’08) is a contestant on the upcoming season of CBS’ “Survivor”.
Currently working as a pharmaceutical rep in Columbia, S.C., the 25-year-old south Alabama native will be one of 18 contestants trying to survive the wilds of Nicaragua for a $1 million prize. But that’s not the only reason she’s going. In a promotional video for “Survivor: Redemption Island”, the former Miss Phenix City says she is “real excited about not having to wash my hair for 39 days.”
When it comes to gleaning nourishment from slim pickins, Klumpp might actually have an advantage – her grandfather, Steve Riggs, apparently patented the process that turns scrap cheddar into Velveeta.
Graduating in 2008, Klummp was once featured as SportsIllustrated.com’s “Cheerleader of the Week“. Her mother, Blanche Riggs, was a cheerleader at Auburn in the late 70s (alongside this guy).
The new season of “Survivor” premieres Feb. 16 at 7 p.m. CST.
* Three-hour delay turns flight to Phoenix into Auburn pep rally
* ‘Cammy Koozie’s’ fund family’s trip to Glendale
* An interview with Auburn YouTube sensation Chris Lowe
* Former Auburn football kills elephant with just a bow and arrow
* TWER interviews Paul Finebaum about Bo Jackson’s Heisman campaign
* Crowd shots from the 1973 Auburn-Florida game
* The Secret History of an Underground Iron Bowl
* Auburn alumna in Philippines will watch BCSCG in style
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
She needs a married name…and fast.
Wade Kwon says
Thanks for the link to Wade on Birmingham! We appreciate it.
We’ll have recaps and more throughout the season on Krista’s performance on “Survivor.” http://survivor.wadeonbirmingham.com
I’m in Love
I’m in love with Krista, her mother and Alice!!!!!!