An ESPN film crew visited Price’s Barbecue House on S. College Tuesday morning to ask Auburn fans their thoughts on the Tigers playing for the national championship.
Despite the town’s holiday lull, they had plenty of fans to choose from.
“Well, college is closed and the students are gone,” said Barbecue House owner Jeff Price. “They came in here yesterday at lunch and told us they’d like to do a story and interview people about the excitement of the game and just Auburn in general. Ordinarily we’re very busy at breakfast but yesterday we weren’t very busy at all. We probably would have been reasonably slow today but we called around to some of our regular folk that we knew might be around and John Wild down there at the [Auburn-Opelika] Tourism Bureau and Lolly Steiner at the [Auburn Chamber of Commerce] kind of tweeted it to everybody and word got out and we were packed.”
The footage will be used in a special profiling both Auburn and Eugene, Ore. airing just before the BCS National Championship Game.
* O Brotherman, who art thou?
* In the time of “Got 13″ she was a Tiger
* James Garner and the Auburn plaque in ‘Tank’
* Alice Fraasa demonstrates the AU Gang Sign
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs