Academy Sports is starting to believe in the Auburn Tigers.
According to Auburn store manager Chris Carter, as well as signage throughout the sporting goods store, all Academy locations in Alabama will reopen immediately following the BCS Championship Game on January 10 in the event of an Auburn win.
Why? To sell pre-printed BCS Championship products to Auburn fans.
The game starts at 7:30 and will almost certainly not be over by 10 p.m., when most of the chain’s Alabama stores close.
* The vintage matchbooks of the Loveliest Village
* Auburn shirt in Cannonball Run
* Auburn’s First National Press (EVER)?
* Gus Malzahn on the Wu-Tang Clan
* Toomer’s Corner after Punt, Bama, Punt
Don’t jinx us, Academy….
All In no doubt. Hope their investment pays off.
Enh, the shirts that they would pre-print are dirt cheap to produce. Sure there’s risk, but it’s definitely a good bet.
They did the same thing last year for UA.