• Auburn jumps to No. 2 in the coaches poll. And it still seems crazy if you think about it … FIVE teams from the SEC West in the Top 21 spots.
• Jerry was up all night (!!!) watching PAC-10 football. He offers his thoughts on the Ducks and the rest of the conference. Here’s the SEC roundup from the CBS blog.
• ESPN’s Chris Low and the rest of us are learning that we could see more and more of Michael Dyer in November. (Also, isn’t it nice to be at the top of the SEC roundups every week?) Low gives Demond Washington a helmet sticker.
• Early AP ballot from Baton Rouge’s “The Advocate” has Auburn holding at No. 3 as Alabama creeps back into the Top 5.
• Here’s Charles Goldberg’s video of post-game comments from Chizik.
• West Coast voters bias? Not if you look at San Jose’s Mercury News vote in the AP poll. Their No. 1 vote goes to Auburn for the second week in a row. (And LSU is ranked ahead of Bama in this week’s vote too.)
• The No. 20 RB prospect in the country makes us blush talking about “Running Back U.”
“They are Running Back U,” [Lake Worth, Fla.’s Tre] Mason told Rivals last week. “They produce great running backs almost every year, guys like Ronnie Brown. They have one of the best offenses in that nation, so that is definitely attractive to me and pulling me towards them. I am taking them very, very seriously.”
• The Wiz of Odds’ BCS Guru says Oregon will jump Auburn into the top spot. But the two teams pull away from the pack.
• Random thought on the game: Loved that ESPN showed Eli Manning shaking hands with a frown as he packed it in early.
• Quietly? Dyer is creeping toward a 1,000-yard season. He’s got 723 yards total so far. The Times Daily also reports 34 points was the most ever scored by Auburn on Ole Miss. How’d that look during your fan-cy 3-D scoreboard show Ole Missy? Like this?
• Sometimes it’s fun to look back.
• Sharon Tate doing stuff in a miniskirt while Dean Martin ogles?
OK … I’m coming up empty on interesting Auburn news.
Please share where that beautiful photo was taken! Oh baby.
I’m sorry to inform you (unless you live in that state) that it is located:
3358 Main St. (just West of McCormick)
Skokie, IL 60076
Open Tues.-Sat. until 2PM, Sunday until 1PM
I found it from the Google image search. I don’t care that it is up in Illinois cause they are doing something correctly to that plate! Visual confirmation proves it!
Glad to see the replay of the Newton touchdown catch. Just confirming that he wasn’t the one who actually threw it. Ha!
Van P in Illinois says
Believe me, most of Illinois is just like most of Alabama.
Van P in Illinois says
I wonder if the projections of Oregon jumping AU included the possibility of AU climbing to second in the USA Today poll? We should be even further ahead in the BCS than last week.
Mac M says
Our schedule strength will take a hit next week wipth the chattanooga game…should all be moot if we win out, of course.