My dad, brother, and I go out to eat once a week and pretty much just quote Seinfeld, King of the Hill, and The Andy Griffith Show to each other. But sometimes the conversation lags. That’s usually when I take it upon myself to tell Zac, the 20-year-old, stories about Bo Jackson as if he didn’t hear them the week before.
I saw Bo break a house over his knee… a friend who went to school with him told me Bo ate a live shark… that guy in Tienanmen Square? He got that from Bo.
And for whatever reason I almost always cap things off with:
“… I mean, the man had a freaking cartoon.”
… a freaking cartoon with an intro that showed him lifting up a tree and smashing some sort of turbo-deforestation tank to Kingdom come.
Captain Planet, eat your heart out.
* That time Green Day played an Auburn house show
* Fantastic photos of Bjork inside Jordan-Hare Stadium
* Auburn buses still driving around Phoenix
* The Ten Best Auburn Games That Never Happened
* Behind the scenes at the New York City Heisman Tiger Walk
* The Mysterious Auburn Man
* Preacher from ESPN ‘Roll Tide’ commercial repents
* Sleigh Bells bring out the pompoms
* Yinging and Yanging in the Loveliest Village
* Baby, we were born to War Eagle — Springsteen in Auburn, May 13, 1976
If you’d like to help TWER keep the lights on and the obsession with Auburn lore unhealthy, click here.