Bodega, the pole-positioned anchor of downtown Auburn nightlife, is no more. This week’s Taco Tuesday was its last.
It was a blowout.
Communication major and aspiring TWER correspondent Alice Fraasa was there.
To see young Fraasa – still in the dawn of her senior year! – forced to deal with the sudden closing of her favorite college hangout brought back the memory of my own suffering when I learned in my final weeks as a freshman that the great Coffee Banque – the short-lived pearl of Tiger bohemia which inhabited the same spot!– was not long for this earth, this realm, this Auburn.
From great suffering comes great art.
Please to enjoy “Bodega Memories,” an Alice Fraasa Film.
* Jaime Edmondson sports Auburn shirt in Cam Newton’s Pants photos
* Apple CEO Tim Cook only writes personal email replies to Auburn fans
* Auburn fan shot dead in Alabama fan rap video
* Shug Jordan dug the heck out of houndstooth
* War Eagle Moment from space scheduled for October 25
* “War Eagle” carved into face of the Spinx
* Fans equate Iron Bowl losses with the end of the world—now confirmed by science!
* Auburn is the question, Cam the answer on Jeopardy!
* Derek Jeter’s guardian angel spotted—and he’s an Auburn fan
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time